Michael

I expect you are right about the impeller vs screw analogy, because while the
12x6 is correctly sized going forward given the 2.21:1 gear box, vs the 2:62:1
that is most common in 2GMs, it needs to spin faster in reverse than a prop
that was properly sized for a 2.62:1 gearbox.

So its seems that I’ve solved the inability to hit max rpms and cruise at ~80%
cont max, but created a different problem.

Financial practicality aside, I’m wondering if a feathering prop where the
forward and reverse pitch can be set independently might work. Any listers have
experience with this style of  prop and are they 2 or 3 blade?

Martin

 <mailto:martink...@sympatico.ca> martink...@sympatico.ca

905 848 0925