To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 21:34:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Stus-List Stanchion Legs For Gates...
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
CC: rickbr...@earthlink.net

David, Base styles B C and D attach only through the toe rail. (style A is used
on my friend’s 1983 29 mk2, and has one hole in the deck and uses two of the
hull to deck through bolts.) Which base you need depends on what cross section
of toe rail you have. I converted my 76 model 38 mk2 from the old style bases
mounted to the deck to style B, which are the bases for my particular toe rail.
No holes in the deck. Two bolts through the hull to deck joint and toe rail
(one of them is an existing hull to deck bolt, but the other was a new hole
that had to be drilled because the bolt hole spacing is slightly off.) The
other bolt goes through the upright leg of the toe rail itself. As far as I can
see, these bases make for a much stronger stanchion arrangement, eliminated the
cracking of the deck gelcoat (which, I’m reminded, is another cosmetic repair
I’ve not gotten to yet) and gained about 4” more width to the side decks. The
stanchions with legs you see on the same page goes into two of these bases.
Rick BrassImzadi  C&C 38 mk 2la Belle Aurore C&C 25 mk1Washington, NC   From:
CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of David via CnC-List