Hello David,

As the Stainless Steel name plates shown are on my boat I can tell you the
following:

The other style shown while not photographed straight on could also be made
easily but it is not clear from the photos how deep the letters go, i.e.
all the way through like a water jet would produce.

The letters are only about 1/32" deep and are paint filled.

The "flush" version appears to be attached with screws and proud of the
boat surface.

On my deck the recesses have been filled as part of a previous deck repair
and repaint so the plates are flush and attached with screws as you have
noted.

The boat is about a two hour drive away right now.  I'll take a good photo
of the plate when I get to her next.

Fair winds.

Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
S/V Salazar - Can 54955