Regarding seacocks on transom thruhulls - what do you mean by "they appear
to be below the waterline"?  Either they are or they aren't, and it should
be pretty easy to determine this (are they submerged or not when the boat
is at the dock?). I'm not familiar with the 34+ but looking at some
pictures on Google Images it looks like the transom is similar to the LF38,
which would mean the exhaust thruhull and others are above waterline, but
can be submerged when you're pitching a lot in a wavy sea state.

The recommendation for seacocks is have them on every thruhull that is
below the heeled waterline. Whether you consider transom thruhulls that are
6-12" above waterline as being below the heeled waterline is probably
debateable. What I've heard is most people don't bother with them
(especially since access to them is usually a giant pain, so the seacock
would rarely be closed) - *unless* you plan to go offshore a bunch.
Although even offshore if a hose pulled off you could probably just stick a
wooden plug in (or potato or any of the other thruhull plugging devices).

So it's a matter of personal preference / your own paranoia level. I'm
pretty paranoid about below waterline thruhulls but for the transom ones
I've decided there are bigger risks to fry first.

-Patrick
C&C LF38
Seattle, WA