So I'm the proud new owner of a '90 34+, and the first project I bit off was
replacement of the exhaust hose from the muffer back, including the thru-hull.

First off, this is not going to be fun because the hose runs under the fuel
tank and span of the cockpit under the water heater where it is completely
inaccessible.  I'm hoping I'll be able to pull the new hose through by clamping
it to the old hose with a double-ended barb, but it seems like it's an awful
tight fit under the tank.  If anyone else has done this job and has any
suggestions, I'm all ears.

Second, the thru-hulls themselves.  There are 4 thru-hulls just under the
transom - the exhaust, the two drains for the propane tank & steering quadrant
well, and the bilge pump.  All 4 are plastic mushroom-head thru-hulls, and I
want to replace at least the exhaust thru-hull with a new marelon one.
Question:  none of these thru-hulls have seacocks on them, which seems odd (and
unwise) to me because they appear to be below the waterline.  What are your
thoughts on putting a marelon ball valve on the new thru hull while I'm at it?
I'm tempted to replace all 4 of them with new thru-hull and valves.  Am I just
being paranoid?

Thanks all.  I'm thrilled to have this boat and I'm sure I'll be pestering the
heck out of this board!

-Dave
 1990 C&C 34+ "Faith Anne"