A friend of mine is pretty impressed with a 1981 LF38 for sale at Ashley
Yachts in Charleston, SC and is close to making an offer on her. Jim is
interested in a strong and comfortable boat for retirement cruising on the
ICW starting this coming winter. He has sailed several times on my 38 mk2
and appreciates the build quality and performance, and the amenities in a
LF38 are attractive to his Admiral. He has already seen the boat, and has
asked me to go back with him to take a closer look at the mechanical systems
before finalizing an offer.

The name of the boat is "True Love". The listing on Yacht World is:
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1981/C
<http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1981/C&C-Landfall-2842472/Mt-Pleasant/SC/Un
ited-States#.VX9bgMtRH3g>
&C-Landfall-2842472/Mt-Pleasant/SC/United-States#.VX9bgMtRH3g

Does anyone know anything about this boat or its history. I'm a bit curious
about the new rudder. I also note that the tankage listed is different from
the original spec sheet on an LF38.

Do any of the LF owners on here see anything in the photographs on Yacht
World that require further investigation, or anything that strikes you as
especially desirable?

Finally, if this gets to the offer stage, Jim will need to have the boat
surveyed. Does anyone have a recommendation for a surveyor in the Charleston
area, especially one with C&C experience? A surveyor named David Hill was
recommended to my friend; does anyone have experience with him or knowledge
of his past performance?

Thanks for the help and advice.

Rick Brass

Imzadi  C&C 38 mk 2