Charlie,

The Enterprise’s displacement is 18,500 and Farron at Beta thought that the 30
would be the best fit to get the boat to it’s normal 7+ knots under power with
the two-blade prop.

I’m having trouble reconciling the $14,000 price tag (engine, shipping, est.
labor), but the idea of a new engine is attractive as well as being back on the
water in a couple of weeks. For a rebuild, I think I’m looking at, at best, mid
August.

I’m trying to hunt down a replacement in a better price range.

PS — Thanks to Lister Josh Muckley for a lead at dieselenginetrader.com. Al
doesn’t have a M-35 in stock, so I’m looking at 4-6 weeks with him.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise