"They are definitely race oriented so the weight will surprise you if
you're coming from the Sabre/Tartan/original C&C world."

Careful of those comparisons.  Our 1990 Canadian built C&C 37/40 XL has a
displacement of 15,900 lbs, of which 7,200 is lead in the 8' deep keel, so
our boat, less the keel, displaces 8,700 lbs.

A 1999 C&C 121 has a displacement of 14,100 lbs, of which 5,500
is lead in the 11' deep keel.  8,600 lbs without the keel.  100 lbs is not
much difference and if our keel was 11' deep we could likely get away with
only 5,500 lbs. of lead too.

True, the older ones were heavier...

Ken H.