It’s just like a blown muffler on your car. You need a bigger stereo.

Rich Knowles
Nanaimo, BC
INDIGO LF38
Boatless!

On Jul 31, 2015, at 19:26, Jim Watts via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

On our latest trip north, we anchored in Clam Bay and had a strange problem. At
a certain wind speed, the shrouds would start to hum, sometimes making the boat
shake with vibration. The major vibration was felt in the small rod running to
the underside of the upper spreaders and in the mast and backstay.  I backed
each shroud one off half a turn and it really didn't do much except make those
shrouds look loose to me, but I'm sure I can't tell the difference of 1/128th
of an inch. It eventually faded as the wind dropped.
For the next ten days, in all sorts of conditions, we didn't hear it, but when
we anchored in the same bay 10 days later, we got it again.
Any explanation except witchcraft?

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III