Hi, Chuck.  As far as power goes, run the 8AWG positive cable through the
appropriately-sized breaker on your DC panel (I seem to recall they spec a
10-amp breaker…) and run the 8AWG negative cable to the same point behind your
DC panel where all the rest of the negative wires connect; this should have a
decently-sized conductor to the negative battery terminal(s), as well as some
kind of connection to the engine block.  You MUST use marine-grade tinned
stranded cable for this; if you’re having issues finding some, let me know and
I can dig through my stock and see what I’ve got, then terminate it properly
for you.  8AWG requires the use of large terminals and a proper crimper.

AS far as the SeaTalkNG bus goes, the backbone cables come in two- and
three-meter lengths, which would work for your use; I can get those for you, if
you need them.  You probably won’t have much luck trading them.

And I don’t think TefGel is necessary on the connections for the SeaTalkNG
network; those plugs have O-rings and fit very tightly, so you should be good.

Fred Street -- Minneapolis