Jonathan,

First thing I'd recommend you do is to install a spinnaker halyard parker
cleat.  Get one of these:

<http://www.apsltd.com/spinnaker-halyard-parking-bracket.html?___SID=U>

Add a camcleat and bolt it to your mast so your mastman can hoist the
chute, "park" the halyard and move on to other tasks.  The halyard can be
tidied up later.

The way it works is the camcleat opening faces the mast.  During the hoist,
the mastman is pulling the halyard down and outboard.  When he lets go, the
halyard is cleated.  When to tidy up by taking out slack after the turning
block, the halyard will be uncleated as it is pulled towards the mast.

I'll let others pipe in on the crew assignments.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA