Dave has Stemball Fittings on his shrouds, not T-Ball fittings.  He
probably has a t-Ball Fitting on his Baby Stay (and on his running Back &
Check Stays if he has them) but that's about it.

T-Ball fittings need the rubber plugs, Stemballs don't.

A reference here:
http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts/Tangs-complete/Tangs-complete.htm

Ken H.