The Admiral and I researched long and hard for a light to illuminate the
cockpit for meals, etc.  We settled on a UST 10 Day Lantern by Ultimate
Survival Technology.  Sells for under $30 on Amazon.

http://www.ustbrands.com/product/10-day-led-lantern-glo/

Has bright, dim and strobe. We like it.  The light is not harsh.

Dennis C.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 27, 2015, at 4:28 AM, jtsails via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> I like the idea of being able to select red or white. right now I just hang a
> battery-powered camping lantern from the underside of the bimini but I’m
> thinking of something that’s permanently mounted.
> James
> Delaney
> C&C 38 Mk11
> Oriental, NC