Mark

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana
On 2015-09-09 1:53 AM, Martin DeYoung via CnC-List wrote:

Calypso's spin halyard will tangle if it is not secured against the mast before un-furling the headsail.  I'm not sure if it contacts the swivel itself or the sail's head.

I use a ATN spin sock which allows the spin to be snuffed close to the leeward mark.  When the spin is hoisted and flying the sock itself covers the upper swivel and would foul it if the headsail is roller out while the spin is flying.

I have not yet figured out a way to roll out the headsail until the spin halyard is all the way aft but I have gotten faster at clearing the halyard off the sock/spin and back to the mast.

Martin

Calypso

1971 C&C43

Seattle