Al:
Several years back, we had all new upholstery for our C&C 32....used the original foam as there was nothing wrong with it.....chose a Sunbrella fabric...didn't put the Sunbrella on the bottom of the cushions to save on material cost(s).....chose a fabric similar in color but not the Sunbrella brand.

We went to a canvas store that mainly does canvas awnings for businesses but they do the occasional boat. They did a respectable job....not .a perfect job....a few of the corners on some of the cushions were not uniform but the average person won't notice that on a +30 year boat.

All in cost(s) materials and labor was around $1,800 plus 15% tax. Shop around but choose a fabric that is conducive to the marine environment..... I wouldn't choose just any fabric because of the price.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015-09-16 7:17 PM, Al Serrato via CnC-List wrote:
I have a 1981 C & C '34 with original cushions. I recently got an estimate from
a local marine canvas shop for replacement of all the fabric (retaining the
original foam) using the lowest cost sunbrella material. I was surprised to see it
was over $4000 for the job, and over $6000 to replace the foam as well.

I would appreciate any suggestions for alternative ways to go on upgrading the
interior upholstery.

Thanks in advance.

Al Serrato
Fidelity