Naming a boat is almost as hard as naming a child.

I'd consider the names of some of the old America's Cup boats - courageous,
intrepid etc.  I also like the names of the Navy academy boats such as
gallant, defiant.

I had a neighbor who named his boat White Star, then found out that was the
line that owned the Titanic.  I'd avoid those!  I considered naming my boat
after a particularly litigious opponent, as she paid for it!

Good ting you have a large transom, because after you put Mattapoisett on
the transom there may not be room for too much else.

Joel

Joel
301 541 8551