Practice with it, before you need it. You might discover it would take too long
doing it the way you described. Or you might think of a better way.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR

We have a lifesling, that if the person in the water can get into it,
he/she can be lifted aboard......the line from the lifesling will run
through a block attached to the end of the boom and from there to
another block on the toe rail, then to a winch. The boom can be
positioned so that the end is out over the water and the MOB can be
lifted over the lifelines or brought in through either the stbd/port gate.

Sounds like it would work however I have never tried it and hope not to
do so in a real situation.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84