Hi Scott,

We went back to wire & rope halyards for better reliability in the stoppers (rope clutch). Even increasing the diameter at the stopper interface improved but did not eliminate the occasional fail. Modern cordage is wonderful but not necessary from a competitive advantage unless you are consistently missing first place by a few seconds. Crew improvement just with tacking can be minutes gained, yada yada.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1