From: "Brent Driedger via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "C&C List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Brent Driedger" <bren...@highspeedcrow.ca>
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 12:25:06 AM
Subject: Stus-List VC17

Hi everyone and to my fellow Canadians, happy Thanksgiving.
I pulled Wild Rover out of the lake last weekend and found not to my surprise
that once again I have lost the majority of the VC17 I painted onto the hull
within 6 inches of the waterline.
I originally brought the hull back to bare gel coat with a random orbital
sander and sealed with 6 coats of Interprotect 2000. This was sanded flat and
roughed up prior to the VC application. The Vc goes on as per the instructions
but every year I loose that 6" or so. More where the water is turbulent. It's
frustrating watching others pull boats with intact bottom paint, even those who
clean their hulls every couple of weeks.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong? This is all the more important as the zebra
mussel infestation in Lake Winnipeg requires a good paint job. There were about
a thousand of them on the little keel in front of my rudder which like the top
6" had lost its VC17 from the lower horizontal surface.

Brent Driedger
27-5
Lake Winnipeg.

Sent from my iPhone