From: Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 12:07 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Jean-Francois J Rivard ; davepula...@hotmail.com
Subject: Stus-List Dodger for 34+

Hi Dave,

I've got one on mine. it looks original to the boat and is still in pretty good
shape, I had it re-stitched and windows replaced a couple years ago.  It does
not go very far back but does provide shade if you sit close to the bulkhead or
even better, lean back on the bulkhead lounge chair style.. :-) Here's what it
looks like:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133565480@N04/21980567419/in/dateposted-public/

It works well / does not get in the way too much.  When we're racing we fully
open  / remove the front windows to have completely free access to the traveler
and all the clearance for the winch handles. A shorter handle works better as
the longer ones can touch the windows.

If you really want shade then you add the "Bikini" Bimini..  It's basically a
Sunbrella extension that zips-up to the dodger on one end and has a pole on the
other. You attach the middle of the pole to the backstay tensionning car  and
the ends to the stern pulpit.  It's a bit of a '"rig job" but it's good shade
for the really hot days.  It's no good for sailing in 10 knots of wind or more
but just the ticket for lazy 4 knots summer afternoons or when motoring / at
anchor.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133565480@N04/22154946462/in/dateposted-public/

Like you, I don't like sailing with a bimini anyway.  Except for those
aforementioned 4 knots lazy summer wine and cheese cruises I'm too OCD to sail
without constantly looking at my main  / fiddling with trim and helm to keep
all telltales optimized.

I can take more detailed pictures if you'd like.

Take care,

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
lake Lanier, GA