From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of robert
via CnC-List
Sent: October-22-15 16:11
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: robert
Subject: Stus-List Anti-fouling paint

For the past 4 sailing seasons, I have used Micron 66....the first 3
seasons/haulouts, the bottom was void of any marine growth, and no
slime.....didn't even need a pressure wash.

This haulout (season #4), the bottom was infested with barnacles....not a
few scattered around, a significant number all over....I wet sanded, which
removed the most of the little critters (and a lot of the 66) but there are
still traces of the 'little critters'.  Not sure if I will sand them out
completely or simply paint over them next Spring.

Anybody have this problem and how did you finally deal with it?

On a further antifouling paint story, years back in the Binnacle, a fellow
sailor/racer approached the shelves of antifouling paints....he stops and
pulls out a brass 'fishing scale'......I watch......he puts a gallon of a
brand on the scale, then another, and another, etc.  He
chooses a gallon.   Naturally, I had to go over and ask what he was
doing "weighing the amount of copper in each paint Bob.....this gallon
weighs the most and that's the one I am putting on 'Apocalypse', his 40 ft,
home made in his back yard, race machine.

Maybe that's how I will choose my next gallon of antifouling paint!

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.