Hi Steve,

The booze is not wasted.
Years ago on this list there was such a thread about using vodka as the anti-freeze and the guy's observation that he got lots of help with spring commissioning. Just add orange juice & friends.

        Cheers, Russ

At 08:37 PM 26/10/2015, you wrote:
I don't know why you would have rubber parts in a hot water tank, and barring that I don't see how pure alcohol would hurt, but I agree with the other comments that suggest that it is probably a waste of good booze.

Steve Thomas
Port Stanley, ON
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>John Russo via CnC-List
To: <mailto:CnC-List@cnc-list.com>CnC-List@cnc-list.com
Cc: <mailto:johnrussob...@optonline.net>John Russo
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 20:20
Subject: Stus-List Vodka for Hot water tank

Any downside to putting some vodka in the hot water tank after draining as an alternative to antifreeze which forever smells when using hot water. The drain in not quite positioned at the bottom of the tank so there is always some residual water left in the tank and although I leave the drain valve open for expansion I am concerned that any freezing could damage the tank connections. Any advice would be appreciated.

John

Arpeggio C&C 32

Norwalk, CT