I found that when I removed the plexi, there were three previous adhesives in
place. Two were softish like silicone and there was definitely Plexus as it was
rock hard. I hand sanded things reasonably level, and did the thickened epoxy
to create a flatter surface. I didn't remove all the Plexus as it was very
firmly attached to the fiberglass. My top sides were previously painted with
Awlgrip, so I primed and painted the window flange and surrounding area so the
surfaces were continuous and the 795 would have something decent to bond to.
This process was the most time consuming part of the portlight project by far.
And expensive given the numerous Awlgrip components I needed.

Derek McLeod
1983 29-2 Aileron
Toronto
www.derekmcleod.com