I was struck by the fact that with the chute up,  the bobstay was constantly
throwing up spray which to me means it is like adding a brake to the bow.
Probably not a big issue on a boat of this size, but on a dinghy it would be
slow.  On another boat, the entire crew was standing near the transom,
presumably trying to keep the bow high which I would guess was for the same
reason. It would leave me concerned about the balance of the boat with that
monster chute up.  Dave

On Nov 21, 2015, at 8:26 AM, dwight veinot via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> sleek looking C&C 30's,  what do others think about what seems to be a non
> retractable bow sprint
>
> Dwight Veinot
> C&C 35 MKII, Alianna
> Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS
> d.ve...@bellaliant.net
>

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Rick Brass via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
> The attached video was included in a post from a sailing TV website this
> morning. I have to say I’m impressed to see so many C&C 30s on the line, and
> the performance of the boats is impressive. Certainly not “us father’s” C&C.
> And pretty athletic for this fat old man. But impressive none the less.
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FxUDhhQQVo
>

> Rick Brass
>
> Imzadi  C&C 38 mk 2
>
> la Belle Aurore C&C 25 mk1