I removed my Datamarine speed transducer last spring. I spent probably 3
hours trying every non-destructive method I could think of before I had to
move to destructive methods.  Should have done so earlier since I didn't
need to save it anyway (was replacing with an Airmar / Raymarine triducer).

Note - I'm assuming you actually have removed the transponder, and the
*thru-hull sleeve* is what you're trying to remove. The transponder
(transducer) should be relatively easy to remove from the thru-hull sleeve
with some wiggling or heating.

My thruhull looked like it was bedded with something more pliable/spongy
than 5200, but mallets, heat, levers, and pulling were not enough to budge
it. I also had the plywood backing plate glued to the hull. It was not
threaded / tapped.

I discovered the easy way is to cut the thruhull in half, lengthwise along
the inner circumference, with a hacksaw blade. I just used the blade alone
clamped in some vice grips. By cutting the plastic thruhull in half you
weaken the outward pressure of the circle and enable basically peeling each
half away from the hull. Be careful not to cut too deep or you'll nick the
hull fiberglass.

I have pictures if you need them.

@ Steve Thomas: The Datamarine speed transducer in my experience was
exactly the same diameter as the Airmar transducers. Are you saying the
depth trans is smaller than the speed? That would be surprising, but I
suppose it's possible.

-Patrick
C&C LF38