I have used Oxiclean on my Dacron sails for years and had no ill effects.

Cleans off mold/mildew other misc. stains including blood (don't ask).

Bruce

________________________________
From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Douglas via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 1:02 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Douglas
Subject: Re: Stus-List Sails

Martin

I Oxyclean and similar products contain dehydrated hydrogen peroxide and I read
where that is bad for some sail. I don't know if that is true or not. Do you
know. I know that would really brighten up the sail.

I thought about using it.

I don't mind the cost, but it is extremely too high just to clean the sail and
repairs are extra. That is close to 1/3 the price for a similar sail.  I have a
friend who has a sewing setup similar to a Para loft (military parachute shop)
and do any stitching I need.

I was going to hang 3 or 4 closet 1" dowel from the ceiling in the garage and
drape it over the rods like Christmas candy ribbon.  That should give plenty of
room to dry them. I could tie them to the bumper and a couple of fir trees, but
I don't the fir drippings would be good for the sails.

I will contact a couple of sail places in the area and see what say. I hear
they all are sent to Bainbridge Island for cleaning.

Larry