Boat is supposed to sit on the keel.  The jack stands should be primarily
to hold the boat upright.  Your 35-3's keel is flat on the bottom and
should have support along the length.  For the older "shark fin" style
keels, care must be taken to place the support near the forward part of the
keel and not at the aftmost tip where it will create leverage on the joint.

One needs to be careful increasing the pressure on jack stands.  If they
are not positioned at bulkheads, they could result in deformations in the
hull.

There is much discussion on the hull/keel joints for our C&C's.  You can
search the photoalbum archives for lots of info.

Conventional wisdom says tighten the keel bolts to spec first then worry
about additional concerns later.  Torque specs for keel bolts can be found
on the photoalbum site by clicking the "Do It Yourself" button on the left
sidebar then clicking the "Keel Bolt Torque Specifications" link.  Or
follow this link:

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/doityourself/torquebolts/torquebolts.htm

A small crack in the joint is common and is usually not a major issue if no
water ingress is observed.  Many owners, including myself have, after
properly torquing the bolts, epoxied a few strips of biaxial tape or
equivalent over the joint and sailed on.  Most have not seen recurrence in
succeeding haul outs.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA