From: "Ainslie via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: "Ainslie" <ains...@hay.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2015 12:25:33 PM
Subject: Stus-List Starting to 'smile'

I acquired ‘Spirit’ this past summer, so I’ve just gone through my first
haul-out. I examined the hull very carefully for blisters (none), and checked
the keel for the C&C smile- also none. When I went to check on her this past
week, I can now see a hair-line crack starting to appear where I think the
keel-stub is. My question is: did I just miss it on my first inspection, or
could this be a result of improper loading on the cradle, ie: too much of the
boat’s weight being supported on the keel? If so, would it help to ratchet up
the support pads to relieve the weight somewhat? I’m going to talk to the yard
guys this week, but it would be good to have other owners’ thoughts. Thanks!

Jason Ainslie

1984 C&C 35 Mk-III “Spirit”

Bayfield YC

Bluewater, Ontario