Patrick, I redid my anchor locker hatch and don't remember any coring.
Except on the hatch its self. I cut the hatch in half when I installed my
windlass. I have 2 strap hinges on each half, with each one opening outboard.
    Doug MountjoysvPegasusLF38 just west of Ballard, WA.

------ Original message------From: Patrick Davin via CnC-ListDate: Tue, Dec 22,
2015 10:54To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com;Cc: Patrick Davin;Subject:Stus-List Anchor
locker lid attachment
Next up on my winter project list: reinforcing the anchor locker lid
attachment.
C&C's are made really well for the most part, but I had a "what were they
thinking???" moment this weekend. I was investigating the anchor locker lid
hinge (which is screwed into a recessed area of the deck) because several
screws have pulled out and there are rust stains. The surprise was it looks
like the 15-20 screws for the hinge went into wood coring. Screws in wood core,
in the wettest part of the boat! (the foredeck takes the most waves, and when
at dock it's always humid from rain)
Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxfHpwssU_6NQThGM1AzTmxabU0&usp=sharing

Has anyone else redone their anchor locker hinge? Can you confirm that it's
cored, or am I on the crazy pills?
The reason I suspected core in the first place is that the lid hinge is about
1" outside of the deck area where all fiberglass was used along the toe rail.
Tap testing / sounding doesn't reveal any significant differences, so I think
the issue is very contained, surprisingly. It seems like if they had made the
anchor locker an inch or so wider, they wouldn't have had to screw in to coring
- but maybe the fiberglass layer isn't thick enough to fit the screws. Anyway,
I'm thinking ream out some core from each hole, dry it out for 3-7 days (which
may not be doable till the summer), fill with thickened epoxy and redrill.
-Patrick1984 C&C Landfall 38Seattle, WA