From: Danny Haughey via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: djhaughey <djhaug...@juno.com>
Sent: Wed, Dec 23, 2015 6:36 am
Subject: Re: Stus-List hot water heater

Hi Mike!  Welcome to the list.  My first sail boat was an o'day 22 as well and
the I moved up to a c&c designed Viking 33.Ed is right!  You're going to love
the c&c 34!  The power in the sails is probably the first that will impress
you! Congratulations on your new boat!As for the hot water, I know a guy that
only got hot water from a heat exchanger (just like the fresh water cooling
one)  it saved him a ton of space but the engine needed to be warm to get warm
water.  It's sort of an alternative to the hot water tank system and you could
always add a tank later on.DannyMassachusettsOn Dec 22, 2015 10:54 PM, Edward
Levert via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:>> Mike,>> Welcome to the
list. You will love the C&C 34 better under sail.>> The hot water heater on my
34 is at the forward end of the cockpit locker to the right of the engine just
as you suggest. I am guessing it was original equipment. Cannot begin to help
on how to plumb to the head/shower.>> Ed> Briarpatch C&C 34 1981> New Orleans,
La.>> On Tuesday, December 22, 2015, Headgorilla via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:>>>> Mike here...>>  >> Just bought a 1978 34'
C&C, she is Red and is quite a rig...previous owner was a casual club racer and
took exceptional care of the boat.>>  >> you will have to excuse my ignorance
(on sailing) since I am moving up from a 22' OdayMH......>>  >> I have been
following the discussions that you guys are having and it is all very, very
educational....and since I bought the boat on the day it was hauled for the
winter (Had to inspect her first) I haven't been able to mess around with the
sailing parts yet......just for FYI since you guys have been discussing
it.....this 34' has 10 winches and everything leads back to the 8 around the
cockpit (4 on cabin top and 4 on cockpit combing), the two by the mast are set
for the babystay track and one for the spinnaker halyard....>>  >> My
question......the Admiral needs hot water for her shower......looks as if the
best and only place for it is on the starboard side of the engine (atomic4
rebuilt 2010 130hrs)...with access to the fresh water cooling system.....gonna
be some piping to do since the water tank and pump are under the port side
cabin bunk and the head is on the starboard.......>>  >> Any other ideas? or is
that where I should put it?>>>> Thanks,>>  >> Mike>> 1978 34' Skywalker>>
address:CnC-List@cnc-list.comTo change your list preferences, including
unsubscribing -- go to the bottom of page
at:http://cnc-list.com/mailman/listinfo/cnc-list_cnc-list.com