Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 22:16:22 -0800
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Proper Blower Installation - 30 mki
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
CC: rickroh...@gmail.com

I am pretty sure vaporized diesel will blow up like gasoline vapor.  I know
vaporized cooking fat will.  Don’t most of the fuel docks ask you to shut down
the engine and run the fan while fueling?
I had never thought of it as an air supply for the engine.
RickPaikea 37+Poulsbo, WA

On Dec 27, 2015, at 9:13 PM, Patrick Davin via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:Since we were talking blowers last week, I wonder why C&C installed
marine blowers even on boats that didn't have gas engines?
I just today removed the rusted out ignition-protected blower in the stern of
my boat, which looked original. It had been disabled a while ago by a prior
owner (had no hoses attached, and the electrical wires aren't live) but never
completely removed.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxfHpwssU_6NdlFtMXJRRTdIZzg/view?usp=sharing

West Marine has a page saying blowers are a must for gasoline, less so for
diesel but sometimes still advisable for air supply to the engine. But our
engine compartments are so huge and leaky (compared to many more modern boat
designs - like a Jeanneau with an insulated below-companionway-stairs engine
installation) that it seems quite unnecessary. Maybe that was the thinking of
the times in the 80's?
-Patrick1984 C&C LF38Seattle, WA