The 276c remains one of the most useful units Garmin ever produced. I still use mine, but mostly on the screen showing estimated arrivals, SOG etc. In other words, I use it as a trip computer. One thing about these units is that at some point, the internal button battery wears out and the unit will stop holding settings. This happened to mine a couple years ago, and I was able to find information on how to replace it, and suggestions on exactly what battery number is needed. It is a special button battery with leads welded to it so it can be soldered to the circuit board. You cannot directly solder a button battery to anything. This repair was well worth the effort involved. That said, I'm not sure chart updates are even still available, and I bought a newer Garmin with included charts and a bigger brighter screen to use as a dedicated chart display.

Bill Bina