I used Starboard with that kind of pebbled finish.

Not like your setup, tho.

Bill Coleman

C&C 39 Erie, PA

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Jake
Brodersen via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 1:30 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Jake Brodersen
Subject: Stus-List Nav Station Panel and Volt Meter Recommendations

Greeting all,

One of my winter projects is to replace the black panel at the top of my nav
station.  The current panel was the home to my old B&G speed, depth, and
wind computers.  Their removal last spring left several gaping holes.  I'd
like to start with a fresh panel and install a volt meter and eventually
some other items.  The panel is 1/8" thick with a matte black finish.  It
appears to be some sort of fiberboard product.

I have been looking at plastic panel materials at McMaster-Carr, but I'm not
really sure which kind to get.  Plastic sheeting comes in so many different
materials.  I'm sure someone here has replaced theirs at some point.  This
is the same type of material used for the circuit breaker panel.  What works
and looks like the original stuff?

The first instrument to go into the new panel will be a volt meter.  My B&G
instruments had one built-in, but they're gone now.  It seems there are only
two options for digital volt meters; the high dollar Blue Seas meters
(pricey) and the cheap Chinese meters that run $15-25.  I'm looking to
install a single meter with a toggle switch to test both batteries
separately.  Does anyone have a source for a reasonably priced digital volt
meter?

Right now I'm looking at something like this:
http://www.sears.com/niceeshop-tm-mini-2-wire-dc-4.5-30v/p-SPM7958467523

Thanks,

Jake

Jake Brodersen