The knot on the soft shackle is a fraction of the size of a bowline in a 3/8"
sheet. Additionally, spectra is wicked slippery.

Like Joel, I made mine from directions on L-36.com. I use one on my jib sheets,
I use one on each toe rail for my preventer blocks, and I use one run through
half a tennis ball up forward when I rig my spin pole downhaul.

I musta made like twelve or fifteen of them on backshift at work one night.
Kept six for myself and gave the rest away to friends that summer.

After three years of continuous exposure they appear good as new. That being
said, caution dictates that I make a new batch this winter.

Rick Bushie
Anchovy

Sent from my iPhone