If you don't race and/or change headsails, I'm a big fan of the single line
method.

Never gets hung up on anything.

http://www.sailmagazine.com/cruising/cruising-tips/no-foul-jib-sheet/

Switched to this style three years ago and haven't regretted it once.

All the best,

Edd

-------------------------------
Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise
NCC-1701-B
C&C 37+ | City Island, NY
www.StarshipSailing.com
-------------------------------
914.332.4400  | Office
914.774.9767  | Mobile
-------------------------------
Sent via iPhone 6
iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

On Feb 17, 2016, at 8:43 PM, David Knecht via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

I am interested in this discussion as I find the sheets routinely hang up on
the baby stay no matter what I have tried.  I am tempted to detach the baby
stay next season when the winds are lighter.  I went from two bowlines to two
soft shackles and that was a bit better.  Last season I passed bitter end
through the cringle and then through the spliced loop.  That is cleaner than
the soft shackle but makes sail changes more complex.  Since I don’t change
sails very often, that was not a big problem.  Any other thoughts on preventing
hanging up appreciated.  Dave

Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT