I didn't mean to imply that the lofts were quite that bad, they weren't.
People were nice enough but I got the feeling their minds were elsewhere,
their attention at the boat show, the timeliness of replies etc was pretty
indicative.

Maybe my problem is Toronto :)
There's a lot of money in this town and the reality is that I am a small
fish. Better business elsewhere.

If I was racing I'm sure the benefits of the local guys would outweigh any
cost advantage the foreign lofts have. Fair enough.

For the little guys like me with the old boat, the foreign lofts present a
good value, and I'm not racing. The sail shape is night and day better than
the old sail, that's enough to please me.

I'm still the limiting factor, not the sails :)

Seems there's an opportunity here for a new kind of freelance middle man.
The guy who will come out to your boat and do all the measuring, consulting
and test sail.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto