From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "C&C List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Got a New 135% Head Sail
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 11:37:39 -0500

Just for the record, my local loft won't make a quote until they measure the
boat.  They won't make the order until %50 payment is received.
Frustratingly, on my most recent purchase, they weren't allowed to take
delivery from the manufacturer until full payment was made.  I fully expected
to be able to keep %50 until delivery to me after a full inspection.  I
capitulated, made payment in full, and the sail was delivered.  Inspection was
satisfactory and now the loft is storing it free of charge.  It all worked out.
I will admit that sometimes it does feel a little bit like I'm just a small fry
and that I'm wasting their time.  A little part of me gets it though, lookie
loos and shoppers take time and don't make money.  So, in a way the guy that
has already opened his wallet has paid to be top priority.
Josh Muckley
 S/V Sea Hawk
 1989 C&C 37+
 Solomons, MD