It would be a sleeve machined from a block, bored out, and grooves cut into
it.
$120 plus shipping is what they quoted me.

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 21:27:06 -0500
From: Neil Gallagher <njgallag...@optonline.net>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Lignum vitae bearings

Years ago lignum vitae used to be the standard material for ships'
bearings.  It's a very dense (heavier than water), oily wood so it
provides its own lubrication.  It hasn't been used on ships in the last
50+ yrs.  They stopped using lignum vitae because as ships got bigger
and faster, the shafts got larger and heavier, and the wood wasn't
precise enough to keep the shaft in position.

Using it on our boats might work, but I could see it being difficult to
install.  They used to use individual staves that were slid lengthwise
into grooves in the bronze or steel housing.  Not sure how that would
work in our struts which are made so you can press in (or out, as some
of us are dealing with) the bronze outer sleeve. Are they proposing just
a sleeve made of wood?

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly, 35-1
Glen Cove, NY