Maybe try the ship's horn with a propane bottle. It's a closer pressure, in the 150 PSI range, and that will really get the safety bears spitting when you tell them what you're up to. :)

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1

At 05:33 AM 21/03/2016, you wrote:

Not sure what you mean by 'Welding Head', but it has a high volume regulator, the typical regulator that would handle welding gasses or pushing beer did not have the volume to handle a ships horn. No dip tube, but I suspect that If I turned it upside down it may come out liquid, I have never experimented with that. It certainly comes out with some force. And boy, you are right about Wool rugs, I threw one on a bonfire years ago, and neither blaze nor lacquer thinner would make that thing burn.

Bill Coleman
C&C 39 Erie, PA

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Russ & Melody via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 7:06 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Russ & Melody
Subject: Re: Stus-List Fire blankets, beer & wool

Good point Bill.

Does your CO2 bottle have a "welding head" on it?
I suspect you were being tongue-in-cheek but it gets us thinking...
Does the CO2 fire extinguisher have a dip tube for liquid expectorant? Would a horn on a beer system CO2 (welding head) bottle valve work in a pinch?, say to a nod to multi-purpose.

I too brew beer and have a couple of small CO2 bottles and some corny kegs to purpose for cruising. Mmm.

As for fire blankets, it's good that the Admiral is a natural fibre snob. Cotton & wool are excellent choices for fire blankets and duvets. They smoulder, not flash up like synthetics, so toss the blankie on it and follow with the nearest water jug, beer, wine, whatever and you have a good story with a plus, if you're not putting out fires they're warmer if it's damp out (like 7 months on the Wet Coast) when used for the principal purpose.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1