HI Andrew...Welcome to this list.  Everything you ever wanted to know is
located here.   Probably about anything.

My first thoughts about your boom and mast rigging are that it is very
complicated.  Try to keep it simple and you will sail safer regardless of
crew skill.  I'd take Dennis' ideas seriously; he's usually on his game for
this stuff.

My 38MKII has no lines on the boom .....the outhaul goes inside as does the
reefing line, but you don't need a new boom to do that.  Both feed to the
mast; and you already have a block up under the mast that could become a
triple if that one has to stay....run them down to the deck and out through
another deck organizer on the other side..and back to the cockpit.....

I'm not near my boat at this time, but I may have some pictures that I could
send as well.

We race the 38MKII, and when we cruise, it's almost singlehandable (that's a
new word)....my crew would get lost with what you have on the boom sides.

More later,

Ron C.

Impromptu

38MKIIC..'77

Did I miss it or do you not have a boom vang?

  _____