Richard:

If you go dark - just remember to build a couple of hundred into the budget for
the really nice fender covers at Maine Pointe.  Also, if your dock line will
rub on the transom Boat Leather makes an excellent chafe guard with fleece.
No, you can’t use old socks or West Marine covers on a flag blue hull - it’s
illegal in 49 states.

I hate to even mention this one but do you race?

John

> On Mar 28, 2016, at 11:42 AM, kelly petew via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Richard,
>
> If you like the color, go for it.
>
> I didn't start at specifically looking for a blue boat, but that's what I
> have, and I like it.   It's flag blue.
> While your "experts" are probably correct, their reasons are more technical
> than substantive.
> Any scratches won't be visible unless the observer is far too close.  And
> hotter, possibly, but I doubt any difference would be perceptible.
>
> I bought my boat 13 years ago, and its blue hull wasn't pretty, but I started
> using Poli-Glo years ago, and I refer to it as the "poor man's awlgrip".   It
> does a pretty good job of hiding all but the worst scratches, and again,
> beyond 10 feet, no one will see them.
>
> Other listers have commented on Poli-Glo's benefits as well.
>
> I can send you "Before" and "After" pics if you like.
>
> Fair Winds,
>
> Pete W.
>
> Siren Song
> 91 C&C 30-2
> Deltaville, Va.

> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!