<http://www.amazon.com/3M-38984-Specialty-Adhesive-Remover/dp/B0054S5OOU/ref=pd_sbs_328_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41Ax0877luL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1B0ST8WZAVJX47BMSDKR>

Bill Bina

On 4/2/2016 10:15 PM, Rick Brass via CnC-List wrote:

3M makes a product that is specifically designed to remove silicone. Almost nothing else will do it. Unfortunately I’ve used up my supply and can’t recall the product name.

I learned about the stuff when rebuilding my A&H hatches, using Sika 295 as the adhesive. The SIKA won’t properly adhere to the hatch frame if there is any silicone residue (which there was, thanks to the PO). Perhaps the folks at Sika can tell you the name of the product.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC

*From:*CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] *On Behalf Of *Franklin Schenk via CnC-List
*Sent:* Saturday, April 02, 2016 4:32 PM
*To:* cnc-list@cnc-list.com
*Cc:* Franklin Schenk <fdsch...@flash.net>
*Subject:* Stus-List Remove silicone

I am trying to reseal the windows on a C&C 29. The previous owner used Silicone and I would like to remove it and use the butyl tape. I read that carburetor cleaner works better than acetone. I am open to any suggestions.

The spacing on the machine screws also appear to be very large. I was thinking about adding a few more screws at 5 to 6 inches apart.

Frank

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!