I don't think this is model specific.  You won't notice any difference once the
wind picks up.  The wing keel will need a little more speed to develop lift so
light air pointing will suffer.  10 knots true is likely the break even point.
Even then the skill of the sailor and sail condition will have more of an
impact than the wing.  Like all wing keels grounding is more of a disaster.  I
would not expect any difference in terms of tenderness.  I've had a boat with
7'+ draft and it is something that can get in the way.  6' ish isn't exactly
shoal draft either and with the wing and all that weight down low I would
expect fine performance and a very stiff ride.

I don't think you're giving up anything unless you're in a very light air.

John

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 10, 2016, at 1:00 PM, Doug Allardyce via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Checking to see if anyone has experience with C&C 41's with the wing keel
> (6'2" draft) . I'm interested in the overall performance and stability. I'm
> just trying to get a feel for what I might be giving up with the wing, and
> to know how tender the boat might be.
>

> Doug
>
> <winmail.dat>
>
> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!