The stuff you took out is probably exhaust hose. C&C seemed to use it everywhere back in the day. You local marine supply store can sell you an appropriate sanitary hose that will be mush easier to work with and that will be impermeable to odours - assuming you tighten the clamps properly. Borrow a heat gun to make the stuff more pliable when required.

Cheers

david
C&C 32 Wanderer
Bonte ON

On 2016-04-11 12:47 PM, Fred Hazzard via CnC-List wrote:
Recently I had to remove the discharge hose from the head to clear it out. It had developed a crystalline growth that had clogged up with other stuff. After I literally beat the crap out of it to clear it, I was unable to get it back up behind the toilet as it was to stiff and difficult to work back in place with the anti syphon valve. Disassembling it from the valve was not workable, as I could not reach it to reassemble.

I am looking for advise on another hose that is more plyable than the rubber and coiled wire hose that I took out.

Fred Hazzard
S/V Fury
C&C 44
Portland, Or