There won't be any duty, but you will have to pay whatever the HST, or GST plus
PST, or just GST, is payable in your province of residence. In Ontario that is
13%, but some times, especially for goods shipped via the post office, they
don't charge anything at all. The post office charges a nominal processing fee,
if they do collect taxes, but it is not much. Whatever you do, don't have it
shipped via UPS. Their fees are just ridiculous.

Steve Thomas
C&C27 MKIII
Port Stanley, ON

---- "Dr. Mark Bodnar via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

An autopilot has been high on my list as the next big upgrade.  I missed
the boat show special, figured I had too many other jobs to complete so
I was going to let it go.
But I just saw that Raymarine EV-100 autopilot is on sale - plus they
are Raymarine is offering a $300 prepaid Amex card for rebate.

Canadian dollar has rebounded a bit (but Canadian pricing has not kept
pace) so buying from Defender would save me another $250 even after
paying for shipping.

In the end I can get the autopilot for ~$1600 cdn -- think I'm going to
go for it.  Does anyone know if there are extra duties on one crossing
the border?
I've read the comments about where to install the control unit.  Any
other advice?

Also planning on installing solar panel (120W) -- figure total wire run
of 20 ft - online calculator says 10 gauge wire should work. Any extra
thoughts? Like what should I use to fuse the panel (or fuse the autopilot).

I'd like to order everything at once from Defender and minimize shipping
costs.

Thanks,
Mark

--

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
   - George Santayana

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!