From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bill Bina -
gmail via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:48 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Bill Bina - gmail
Subject: Stus-List Depth transducer troubleshooting

I have a new Raymarine i50 depth display connected to a D800- P17 retractable
transducer.  Boat was splashed yesterday. The depth display reads LAST and
three dashes where the depth should be displayed.
Obviously, it is not getting the information from the transducer.
Raymarine's technical help consists of: "buy another transducer and plug it in
to see if you have a bad transducer or cable". Sadly, that is more
troubleshooting information than they provide in the manual! I just called
Raymarine tech support and talked to one of their installers.
That was all he had for advice. I was looking for measurements I might take.
Resistance between the three leads? Voltages? Waveforms? I have good test
equipment and know how to use it.  The guy at Raymarine is an installer, not an
electronics tech. Does anybody have even some basic values to test the
transducer?

Bill Bina

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!