I have the Nissan 9.8 on my 25 C&C
The difficulty to raise and lower depends on you and your mount.
I have to grab the handle and give it a good pull.
A bit of a problem for me is that the pushpit is in the way, so I have to
lean over it, and it becomes a bit awkward.
But I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the engine.
Ahmet
Tabasco C&C 25

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Brian Davis via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Tohatsu  and Nissan Marine are the
> same motor.  I had a 18 hp 4 stroke Nissan on a 15 ft Seaeagle inflatable
> for several years and it started every time and ran great. I think you'll
> have no worries with the Tohatsu.
>
> Brian
> '80 Landfall 38
> Nina
> On Apr 27, 2016 7:16 PM, "Mark McMenamy via CnC-List" <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was thinking of replacing my Suzuki 9.9 with a Tohatsu 9.8.  Does
>> anybody have any experience with these?  Also, to save weight I was
>> considering the manual tilt.  I was curious if it's difficult to raise and
>> lower?
>>
>> Mark McMenamy
>> C&C 25 "Icicle"
>> Fort Pierce FL
>>
>> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you
>> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
>> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!