Yes.
With the boat, the sky is the limit for spending. Ask yourself, do you
really need "the best" for your solar setup? Good panels are a must, they
last a long time. With all due respect to "Maine Sail" (I've donated money
to the guy because his site is so damn helpful), his article about cheap
chinese controllers is years old. Again: "commodity" tech, this stuff just
gets better and cheaper. The beauty is that if the cheap chinese thing
doesn't work out you aren't out much, but the reality is that it will work
just fine.

Having a built in display is more useful to me, personally, than knowing I
have "the best" and a 10% efficiency gain. I don't care. My batteries stay
topped up when I'm not on board, that's the point (for me).

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto

> Just hoping someone had had good luck with some of these cheaper options.
>
> Josh

greatly appreciated!