I don't have any holes in the settee lockers.  Are there holes in both the fore
and aft lockers? Or just the aft?  I wonder if I could just drill a hole or two
on the inside of each locker?

I have never buried the rail on my C&C 25.  I do get a little water in the
bilge after a rain, but its not excessive.  I also have a window leaking.  I
was going to try a little Captain Trolly first.

Mark McMenamy
C&C 25 "Icicle"
Fort Pierce FL

On May 1, 2016, at 11:16 PM, Rick Brass via CnC-List

My 25, a MK1 HIN 225, has been very dry for the 22 years I've owned her. So dry
I don't have a bilge pump except the OEM hand pump in the cockpit sole, and I
dry out the bilge with a sponge every 6 months or so. Maybe I'm just lucky.

But on my boat there are small limber holes (maybe (1/2)" diameter) in the
bottom inside seam of the lockers under each settee. And that makes me want to
ask if your bilge is dry when you take the boat out for a sail?

If I had water in the small bilge of the 25, and sailed at an extreme angle of
heel (she is fastest with only 15-18 degrees of heel in my experience), some of
the water would migrate from the bilge to the lockers.

I find it hard to envision spending enough time with the toerail in the water
to get water ingress through the hull to deck joint, and a leak between the
deck and toerail would let water in during a rain storm.

Rick Brass
Imzadi  C&C 38 mk 2
la Belle Aurore C&C 25 mk1
Washington, NC