Ok folks,

I need a new mast boot.  I've seen the poured rubber block that is more or
less permanent.  Wally has a write up about how he did it on Stella Blue
and I saw it first hand on Jake's boat.  I like it but I think it is too
big of a commitment right now.  Until then, I'm thinking of using the
self-vulcanizing rubber tape that is 6" wide.  Having used similar products
like "Rescue Tape" for other projects, I expect that I'll need a length
that is at least 3 times the circumference of my mast collar (35" * 3 =
105").

Does anybody have any thoughts on the best way to do this job, or which
product is best?

Thanks,
Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk